Solar Power Installer
There are already nearly a million jobs worldwide in making and installing solar power systems, and this can only increase in the future as people look to be greener and to save money on their energy bills. The job primarily involves putting Photovoltaic (PV) cells on roofs and installing solar-themed water heaters, so it mainly requires good construction skills. It is a fairly well paying job and there is plenty of work and should be plenty more in years to come. Continue reading
1. Decide what type of work you want to do
There is no such thing as sustainability ‘sector’ but there are an increasing number of jobs that involve being part of sustainability in some way.
What type of company will suit you best
- Public sector,
- Private sector
- Not for profit/charity
We are now more environmentally conscious than ever, so there’s never been a better time to start off a green business. But like all businesses it is not an easy thing to do.
Are you suited to having your own business
- Do you enjoy working on your own rather than as part of a team?
- And can you cope with the uncertainty that starting your own business is going to involve. They’ll be no regular pay cheque, no health insurance and no pension. You are on your own.
- Are you ready for the hard work you are likely to have to put in – people who own their business generally have to put many more hours in per week. But often they enjoy doing this so it should not be too much of a problem if you find an area you enjoy and are dedicated to it.
- Can you cope with the paperwork that you are going to have to do – all the insurance you will have to take out and the tax forms that will be necessary?
If the answers to the above are yes then you are ready to strike out on your own and start a business Continue reading